Tenants - renting a property
Once we have found you a suitable property and agreed a move in date, the following steps will be taken to ensure that your move is as stress free as possible:
- You will be asked to pay a small holding deposit which will allow us to remove the property from the market and reserve it specifically for you. (The holding deposit will be deducted from the main security deposit that you will be asked to pay just before move day).
- References sought will include bank, previous landlord (unless you are renting for the first time), current employer and a credit check. You will also be required to provide a Drivers License or Passport, proof of current address and bank statements to confirm your identity. Where you do not hold a British or EU passport you will also need to provide evidence to show that you have the Right to Rent in the UK.
- A tenancy application form will need to be completed on line.
- Once references have been received, White and Hayward will draw up a STA (Shorthold Tenancy Agreement) for both you and the landlord to sign. You will then be asked to pay your first month’s rent, plus a security deposit (5 weeks rent) less the holding deposit of 1 weeks rent which will have been paid by you to reserve the property.
- The security deposit will be held in a Government Registered Tenancy Deposit Scheme (Custodial) and you will be provided with a certificate. The security deposit is returned to you at the end of the tenancy assuming that the property is left in the same condition as when you moved in, subject to normal wear and tear. Our membership number is EW35389.
- Safeagent Certificate White and Hayward 1st March to 29th February 2024
- On occupation day we shall meet you at the property to hand over keys, go through the Inventory, take meter readings and answer any further questions you may have.
Our aim at White and Hayward is to provide a fast, efficient and friendly service. We will assist you in every aspect of your move and will always be on hand with any problems which you might have.
We are accredited with Safeagent.
Fees for Tenants
- A holding deposit to reserve the property being 1 weeks rent (deducted from rental balance due at Tenancy commencement) subject to satisfactory references.
- A refundable tenancy security deposit of 5 weeks rent where the annual rent is less than £50,000, or 6 weeks rent where the total annual rent is £50,000 or above.
- A charge to change the tenancy when requested by the tenant £50 inclusive of VAT, or reasonable costs incurred if higher.
- Early termination of the tenancy, when requested by the tenant £300 inclusive of VAT.
- Late payment of rent default fee after the rent has been outstanding for 14 days or more at interest of 3% above the Bank of England's annual percentage rate for each day the rent is outstanding.
- Replacement of a lost key/security device charged at £15.00 per hour, in addition to material costs of keys, specialist keys or key fob.
- Monthly payment of rent on the due date by standing order (we do not accept cash or cheques)
- Utility bills including council tax, gas, electricity, water, telephone and Internet Services
- Television licence
- Contents Insurance for your personal items
- Cleaning at check out
- Damage over and above wear and tear
- Stamp Duty Land Tax on rent that is more than £125,000 cumulatively.